Fiction | Poetry | Aesthetic Essays in Varied Form
The writers in TrenchArt: Material pose aesthetic questions that used to be basic—what is beauty, what is mystery, what is human, what is absolutely necessary. Each of the titles in the TrenchArt: Material series backstitches canonical Western literature into a contemporary American text. These books integrate traditional literary forms—the war story, the nature poem, the folk story, the fairy tale—into new work that resurrects human relevance while pushing their chosen containers even further. Line the books up and their back covers form a story of Chinese cooking. The series includes TrenchArt: Material, Dies: A Sentence, Grammar Of The Cage, Requiem, and A Story of Witchery.
The TrenchArt: Material complete set is sold out; the collection of aesthetic essays can now be purchased individually.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Untitled: Red over Black, blue Orange | Vanessa Place
- The Bullet and the Bird | Jennifer Calkins
- A theory and practice for poetry in an age of extinctions and environmental collapse | Pam Ore
- A Catechism of Aesthetics for a Time of Religious War | Teresa Carmody
- David, Daniel and Isaiah | Teresa Carmody
- Ten Poems | Pam Ore
- A Tale of Witchery Between Roots and Leaves | Jennifer Calkins
- Dies: a predicate | Vanessa Place